Greetings from the Graduate School of Science and Technology (GSST), Kumamoto University, Japan!
Kumamoto University is one of the oldest universities in Japan with seven faculties, eleven graduate schools, and 23 research centers/institutes (as of August 2017) that support a wide spectrum of educational and research activities. Currently, the university is home to around 8,000 undergraduate students and 2,000 graduate students, including 507 international students from 49 countries (as of May 2017). For over 100 years the university has been at the forefront of culture, advancing science and technology, and contributing to the development of the Japanese educational system.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for IJEP Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Admission in October 2022 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Indonesian nationality
- Completed or are expected to complete 16 years of formal education outside of Japan by September 2021.
- Holds bachelor degree from Universitas Gadjah Mada or other respective universities in Indonesia
- Must be aged 22 years old or older as of September 30, 2021
Required Documents (see Official Website for details)
- Application Form for IJEP in GSST.
- Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship.
- Field of study and research plan.
- Health certificate
- Statement of objectives describing reasons for applying to the Graduate School.
- A certificate of Bachelor’s degree (or a certificate of anticipation of completion), or a copy of a diploma (original and English translation).
- Certified official transcripts of academic records in English from each college and university attended
- A summary of Bachelor’s thesis or an equivalent in English.
- A letter of recommendation in English from the head of the faculty or graduate school
- A letter of recommendation in English from a professor or a research supervisor who can evaluate the applicant’s ability in study and research.
- A letter in English from the employer indicating knowledge and consent of this application, if the applicant is an employee.
- An official score of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS
- A letter from the applicant stating his/her commitment to the enrollment to Kumamoto University when selected for the scholarship.
- Apply no later than January 28th, 2022.
- Send the required documents via postal mail to:
2-39-1 Kurokami, Chuo-ku,
Kumamoto 860-8555, Japan
- All required documents should be arrived by post before 17:00 (Japan Time), January 28, 2022.
- In case shipping the documents will be delayed, please send the softcopy with email and ship the documents by the application deadline.
- Please note that the applicants are requested to find a prospective supervisor in Kumamoto University before the application.
- The FINAL decision of participants is from Kumamoto University. No nomination needed from OIA UGM. But if you need a nomination letter from Universitas Gadjah Mada, please submit your aforementioned documents through http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication
Source: https://oia.ugm.ac.id/2022/01/04/degree-scholarship-ijep-admission-with-mext-scholarship-at-gsst-kumamoto-university/, accessed at 7 January 2022.